Friday, August 30, 2013

A Cake for Connections - Double Zebra Cake

As a student of Connections Academy, I wanted to contribute to the online cookbook. And of course, I wanted to do a cake. I didn't want to do something difficult that would be confusing for beginners, but not something way too easy that looks too simple. I thought doing a double-zebra cake would be a good choice. It's time consuming, but easy. I had to type up the entire recipe with decorating instructions to submit for the cookbook, so I tried to make it as simple as possible. It looks like the person that published it doesn't know what fondant is, as they said you need cups of fondant! Who measures fondant in cups?

Anyway, I don't think the cake was half bad. Sure, maybe I used a little leftover peanut butter icing for the center instead of plain buttercream, but they don't know that over at Connections! ;)

You can see my page here:


And some of my own photos (for some reason they only used one):







 
I originally called this the "Double Zebra Cake" but it was published as just a zebra cake. Oh well, you can see it here on the blog. And I don't think I need to explain the "double" part of the name...
 
Go ahead and make a zebra cake for yourself! Just make sure you don't use cups of fondant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is appreciated! Let me know what you think. :-)