Monday, August 12, 2013

Ammo Can Geocache Cake

So I suppose it's about time for a first post!

I made an ammo can cake for the Tri-State Treasures Geocaching Event on 6/30/13. It was decorated as if it were hidden someplace and found during the fall, as I put fall colored leaves around it. This was a chocolate cake - as most of my cakes are anyway. It was covered in fondant.

Perhaps I should explain geocaching for those of you who haven't heard of it. Geocaching is a worldwide sport/hobby where you use a GPS-enabled device to find a hidden container. The container will contain, at minimum, a paper log for you to sign your name on. The larger caches usually have trade items inside.
You can learn more about geocaching here:

Of course, the only trade items inside this cache are cake and icing. But don't bother trading - have a piece for free. ;)


Kevin DeVizia, the host of the event, has posted a photo of my cake on the Tri-State Geocachers Facebook page. Check it out here:


Here are a few of the photos I took:


Compared to a real ammo can:

 
 
 
 
And alone:
 


 

 
 


I can't wait for Tri-State Treasures EIGHT! In the meantime, I'll be dreaming up new ideas for another geocaching cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is appreciated! Let me know what you think. :-)