Sunday, September 1, 2013

My First Cake with Piped Roses

Every good cake decorator knows how to pipe a rose. It's something everyone most if not all cake decorators struggle with at first. I got the hang of it after a few tries, and now I can whip out a buttercream (or royal icing ) rose in no time. When you figure out how the tip works, you can make a perfect rose. Below is my first cake with piped roses.

 
 
Of course they're not very good roses as they're my first ones, but I don't think they're that bad. (Okay, maybe they're really bad - at least I can do much better roses now!) I think that shade of pink is a nice baby girl pink. You think so?
 
Tell me about how you learned to pipe a rose! How long did it take until you got the hang of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is appreciated! Let me know what you think. :-)