Sunday, September 1, 2013

Snowman Face Cake

Everyone loves cute face cakes. And adorable snowmen are no exception. My own snowman cake creation is below.

 
It was constructed entirely of fondant, excluding the eyes and mouth which are chocolate candy melts. They look raised here because I later pushed them in further. I achieved the color of the scarf by blending together the leftover pieces from the red and green hat. The hat was striped using a technique where you 1.) roll out both colors, 2.) cut them into strips, 3.)line up the strips, 4.) roll the strips together and 5.) attach them to the cake.
 
It's a little hard to see in the photos, but I added detail to the hat to make it look woven with lines. He was a little tricky to get into the cake cover with the scarf hanging out like that! That's okay though, this wasn't for a client. He's cute enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is appreciated! Let me know what you think. :-)